Your privacy is important. This is how we maintain it.
This Notice aims to give you information on how the Jersey Funds Association collects and processes personal data of all persons with whom we interact, including users, members and committee members (together, “you”).
This Notice is effective from 21 February 2020. We will post any material changes that we may make to this Notice in the future on our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Processing of personal data.
You should not provide the Jersey Funds Association with any Sensitive Personal Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning the nature of a person's sex life or sexual orientation). Any such data received would be deleted immediately upon receipt.
For members, the categories of Personal Data that we process is limited to their name, email address, and contact number. The purpose for which we may process your Personal Data are for the legitimate interest for the provision of the services of the Jersey Funds Association, or for the legitimate interest for the offering of the services of the Jersey Funds Association’s to prospective professional individuals or any organisations that they represent.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other entities for legitimate business purposes, in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to.
• Governmental, legal, regulatory or similar authorities upon request; and
• Other parties, if required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We have implemented appropriate security measures designed to protect your Personal Data.
We take reasonable steps designed to ensure the Personal Data we process is up to date. You should inform us of any changes to your Personal Data.
These cookies allow us to recognise and keep track of the number of visitors to our website, and see which pages you view. This allows us to improve the functionality and design of our website, for example by ensuring you can easily find the content you are interested in.
What cookies do the Jersey Funds Association use?
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
How long do the Jersey Funds Association cookies stay on your device?
The length of time that our cookies will stay on your device varies from cookie-to-cookie. Some are known as ‘session cookies’ which will only stay on your device whilst you are viewing our website. Others cookies, known as ‘persistent cookies’ will stay on your device for a longer period. Some ‘persistent cookies’ will expire after a certain length of time.
The Jersey Funds Association retain hard and/or electronic copies of your Personal Data for as long as necessary in connection with the lawful purposes set out in this policy and for the duration required under applicable law. Once the retention periods have concluded, we will permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Data.
Your legal rights.
• The right of access to obtain a copy of your Personal Data held by the Jersey Funds Association;
• The right to have inaccurate Personal Data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete;
• The right to have your Personal Data erased, unless the data is necessary for The Jersey Funds Association to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
• The right to request the restriction or suppression of your Personal Data;
• The right to data portability in order for you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services;
• The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the individual; or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time, where this is the sole legal basis for the processing; and
• The right to lodge complaints with the Jersey Data Protection Authority regarding our processing of your Personal Data.
The Data Protection Officer of the Jersey Funds Association is _________. If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any information in this policy, or any other issues relating to the processing of Personal Data by the Jersey Funds Association, please contact the Data Protection Officer: ___________ (email)