Simeon Moss, Director, Jersey Advisory and Digital Transformation Lead, Deloitte.
Funds: Digital Transformation
Rupert joined Deloitte in October 2019.Prior to joining Deloitte, Rupert worked for a financial services mergers and acquisition tax practice in London where he undertook tax due diligence and advisory engagements for financial services and private equity clients.Rupert also spent six years working in Jersey for another big 4 firm, undertaking corporate tax compliance and advisory engagements for a variety of banking and trust company clients.
Rupert’s primary area of responsibility is overseeing Deloitte’s Jersey corporate tax advisory and compliance engagements, including helping clients to comply with economic substance legislation.
Tom is a director within the Jersey office of PwC’s Channel Islands tax practice. Tom has experience across international, corporate and private client tax and is currently advising on matters including Economic Substance, DAC6/MDR and the Personal and Corporate tax challenges arising from COVID-19 influenced remote working.
Previously, Tom spent several years at Jersey Finance Limited where, in is role as Head of Technical, he represented Jersey’s finance industry in discussions with Government and Regulator on the development of tax and regulatory policy.
More recently, Tom led the Advisory and Policy function at a multinational bank, overseeing tax and regulatory change across the Crown Dependencies and several African jurisdictions. In this role, Tom provided technical guidance to programmes ensuring compliance with Economic Substance legislation, the UK Trust Register and the Corporate Criminal Offence for Failure to Prevent the Facilitation of Tax Evasion
Serena Bell – Funds Tax Director, KPMG UK
Serena is a tax director who advises a variety of alternative asset managers across asset classes, specialising in private equity, but including infrastructure, credit and real-estate.
Serena specialises in providing a holistic service to her clients from fund set up ,through to overseeing annual tax compliance obligations and advising on the fund tax implications of exits. She advises transparent fund structures on the design and implementation of carried interest and co-investment arrangements.
Recent experience and ongoing projects include:
· Advising on the set up of an energy transition fund.
· Providing a full structure review for a real estate private equity fund with executives based in the UK andUS, from the carried interest arrangements through to holding vehicles for the underlying investments.
· Assisting funds with theirAutomatic Exchange of Information (‘AEOI’) requirements from initial classification and registration to completing annual reporting, as well assisting executives in responding to HMRC enquiries in relation to information reported by overseas funds.
Rebecca Southwood – Funds Tax Senior Manager, KPMG UK
Rebecca is a tax senior manager providing advice to asset managers from inception to exist as well as tax compliance services.
Recent experience and ongoing projects include:-
· Advising on the carried interest and co-investment arrangements for a US headquartered firm, including in relation to the ongoing reporting.
· Advising on the structure of a pan-European mid-market private finds based in Luxembourg.
· Fund structuring advice for an international infrastructure fund, including the design and implementation of carried interest arrangements, considering the implications for the group and individual participants.
This online event is part of our masterclass series which has been designed in response to demand from the funds community for more specific, detailed technical training. This masterclass will look at the latest in legal and tax developments relevant to the Jersey and international funds sector. The content will help a wide range of funds professionals including legal advisors, investment managers, administration teams and non-executive directors. Delivered by experienced legal and tax practitioners from Proskauer, KPMG, Deloitte and PWC, covering both London and Jersey.
Tim Morgan will provide a chairman’s update, including feedback from the recent members survey. He will be joined by a panel to discuss key themes from a technology/skills, regulatory and BD/marketing perspective.
The subject matter will include the following -
Regulatory & Compliance Masterclass